Roche Cobas Integra 400 plus (configured with Ion-Selective Electrodes (ISE))
The COBAS INTEGRA 400 plus system is designed for small to mid-size laboratories and has up to 36 different onboard assays (including 4 ISE: Na+, K+, Li+, Cl-) with throughput up to 400 test per hour. There are 4 on-board measurement technologies and robotic handling of reaction cuvettes. For quick access to additional tests, cassette racks can be exchanged while the system is running. Offboard storage of pre-calibrated cassettes allows additional flexibility. The broad menu includes clinical chemistry, specific proteins therapeutic drug monitoring, drug of abuse testing and much more. Consolidation on a single system improves turnaround times by reducing the need for sample splitting. Intelligent processing automatically schedules each sample's tests to minimise analyser turnaround time and increase throughput, while allowing immediate STAT testing 24 hours a day. Onboard storage of 32 cassettes at 12°C ensures reagent stability up to 3 months, reducing reagent wastage and costs. For high volume tests, multiple cassettes of the same assay can be on-board for automatic switch-over during run. On-screen inventory management tracks reagents available on-board and forecasts if additional cassettes are required based on daily workload statistics. Validated sample results are continuously transmitted to the LIS via the host query communication mode, guaranteeing fast result availability. The software automatically tracks service needs and alerts the user when maintenance is due. Activities are recorded in the electronic log to support compliance with Good Laboratory Practice and Accreditation. Remote diagnostics by modem allows service personnel to resolve errors quickly and efficiently without an on-site visit. On-screen inventory management tracks reagents available on-board and forecasts if additional cassettes are required based on daily workload statistics.
· Quality control programs monitor precision and accuracy to ensure reliable results.
· Validated sample results are continuously transmitted to the LIS via the host query communication mode, guaranteeing fast result availability.
· Up to 90 barcoded samples, in six 15 position racks, can be loaded onboard. STATs are automatically given priority and immediately processed once the barcode is read to speed up delivery of results to the physician.
· Serum, plasma, urine, hemolysate, whole blood and CSF can be used in barcoded primary or secondary tubes. Microcups can be used for low volume samples, e.g. paediatric and CSF.
· Highly sensitive pressure sensors detect incorrect pipetting, even at 2 µl sample volume.
· Handling of clotted samples is improved with immediate flagging of faulty samples.
· System wash pressures have been optimised to fully remove the clot from the sample probes, avoiding any maintenance actions and interruptions to workflow.
· INTEGRA reagent cassettes make reagent preparation unnecessary plus on-board refrigeration prevents reagent evaporation and degradation, ensuring long-term on-board stability and long calibration intervals.
· Each cassette holds all necessary reagents for up to 800 determinations, maximising on-board capacity and reducing the possibility of errors and saving staff time.
· More than a year's supply of tests for a typical laboratory can easily be stored in a single refrigerator.
· More than 140 applications for all types of sample matrices are measured with one of 4 different measuring technologies - absorbance photometry, turbidimetry, fluorescence polarisation and ion selective potentiometry.
· Post-analytical tasks such as sample tracking, rerunning, archiving and disposal are greatly simplified by use of a single consolidated system
· Sample racks allow continuous access as tests are completed and new samples arrive, eliminating unnecessary test delays.
· Unique reagent cassette requires no manual reagent reconstitution, minimal calibration, and offers extended onboard stability Increases efficiency and cost effectiveness by reducing operator time and reagent waste
· Extensive test menu automates even esoteric tests, such as lithium and serum proteins Reduces costs associated with labor-intensive manual procedures, send-outs, and multiple analyzers
· Pipetting integrity check includes sample level detection and clot detection Enhances confidence in result accuracy. Clot detection management features assure effective onboard management of samples
· Automatic reagent inventory with remaining test data stored in memory, even after a cassette has been removed from the system. Minimizes reagent waste due to method changeover.
· Sodium, Potassium, Chloride and Lithium
· Choice of indirect or direct measurement for Lithium or highly lipemic samples
· Time to first result < 90 seconds
· Flexible change of onboard tests
· Onboard capacity of 8 racks with 4 cassettes each
· Easy change of menu via the reagent racks
· Continuous sample loading
· 6 sample racks for various primary and secondary cups
· Up to 90 samples onboard, racks can be replaced after sample pipetting
· Positive sample identification via barcode
· Precise temperature controlled reaction rotor ensure stable test conditions and reliable results
· Sensitive photometric and turbidimetric measurements
· New and extremely stable LED light source for Fluorescence polarisation
· Random and continuous access, sample selective analyser
· Integration of 4 measuring principles
· 36 tests on-board
· Absorbance Photometry: Enzymes and Substrates
· Turbidimetry: Specific Proteins, Drugs of Abuse
· Fluorescence Polarimetry: Therapeutic Drugs, Thyroid Tests
· Ion-Selective Electrode Potentiometry: Na+, K+, Cl– and Li+
· Test Throughput Up to 400 tests/hr (including ISE)
· Sample Types Serum, Plasma, Urine, CSF, Hemolysate and Whole Blood (HbA1c)
· Sample Handling 90 primary or secondary tubes on-board
· Up to 6 x RD15 racks on-board
· Cooled rack position for controls and calibrators
· Automatic sample dilution and concentration
· Barcode reading via laser scanner, with immediate STAT recognition
· Sample Container Types Primary tubes: 5 to 10ml; 16x100, 16x75, 13x100, 13x75mm
· Hitachi microcup, 500µl; Hitachi standard cup, 1.5ml;
· COBAS cup, 650µl; Eppendorf cup, 1.5ml; Cup on tube definable
· Sample Volume Typically 2 to 10µl per test, ISE indirect 20µl, ISE direct 97µl
· Sample Barcode Types Code 128, Codabar, Code 2 of 5 interleaved, Code 39
· On-board reagent capacity 32 cassettes, 50-800 tests per cassette
· Up to 8 racks of 4 cassettes on-board
· Automatic cassette reconstitution when required
· Reagent compartment cooled to 10-15°C
· On-board stability up to 3 months, calibration typically each lot
· Reaction Cells Holds 1000 disposable cuvettes with 5mm path length and 120-240µl reaction volume
· PC based operating system. These are being constantly updated so please call for more details.
· System Interfaces RS 232 serial interface, bi-directional, modem for Remote Diagnostics access
· Electrical Requirements 100-125 / 200-240 Volts AC, 50 or 60Hz,
· Consumption 1200VA
· Physical Dimensions - Width:135cm (53.1in); Depth: 66cm (25.9in); Height: 75cm (28.5in)
· Weight: 230kgs (506lbs)
· Water Requirements Up to 2 liters per hour in operating mode, Type 1 NCCLS
· Certification CE, UL, C-UL
· Up to 400 photometric tests per hour; up to 460 tests per hour with electrolytes
Onboard Test Capacity
· 32 refrigerated cassette positions plus four ISEs (Na+, K+, CL-, and Li+)
· Up to 90 samples onboard via 15-position rack
· 5, 7 & 10 mL primary tubes and COBAS sample cups
· Most chemistries use serum or plasma
· 2-10 µL sample volume per photometric test
· ISE: 97 µL (direct), 20 µL (indirect), 20 µL (urine)
· Compatible bar codes: Codabar 2 of 7, Code 3 of 9, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 128
· 50-800 tests per cassette, depending on test
· Automatic reconstitution on analyzer, if required
· 6-12 week onboard stability
· Calibration typically once per lot